Thursday, November 12, 2015

5 for Friday

1. What's your favorite smell in nature? The  air after a storm.

2. What smell makes you nostalgic, and why? Lilacs They remind me of my Grandma, who used to put a vase of them on the kitchen table when they were in season.


3. What smell makes you happy?  In general, all Christmasy scents make me happy. Piney scents; ocean scents.

4. What do the seasons smell of?  Winter - pine and cinnamon, Spring - grass, roses, Summer - heat (it does have a smell), sweat, grilling, Fall - damp leaves, rain, pumpkin


5. What is the last thing you actively remember smelling? I just had the most delicious cup of coffee; the old paperwork I'm going through (well, avoiding going through, right this moment).

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Okay, I'm all set for some cool stuff here:

1) I also like the smell of FRESH air, too. After a storm or a wooded area are the best.

2) SO many - a BAKERY (mo was damn good at that), or a candle shop (separate smells for separate memories)

3) Lavender (it's in the Glade can AND in the garden...lol
Jasmine's nice, pine is wonderful ANY time of year. Roses are great, too.

4) Agree with you 100% on that one. You NAILED it.

5) Always that cup of morning coffee.
Also, Wifey's cologne when she leaves in the morning.

Very good list.

Have a great weekend & stay safe down there, dear.

CWMartin said...

1- I'm with you guys. Who can top that?

2- Chocolate brownies baking, or roast beef cooking.

3- Putting on aftershave before a night out. Nowadays falling under the "nostalgic" title.

4- Spring the rebirth of the green; summer, the new-mown lawn; autumn, fallen leaves and the fires they poof in;, winter I'm usually stopped up, so I got nothing.

5- That would be the overpowering smell of someone having cooked maple oatmeal at break. Made me think I was about to step into a vat of it.