Friday, August 14, 2015

5 on Friday

1. What is your favorite song right now? Why?
for some reason I've been wandering around the house singing Etta James "AT Last" in a kind of Bill Murray-esque lounge-singer sort of way – I blame that commercial.


2. What genre of music makes you the happiest?
So many!! Singer/songwriters, Big Band Jazz, torch singers, techno dance music, blues...


3. What would you name your band and what kind of music would you play?
My band would be the "Tin Roof Merry All-Stars" - we play outsider and visionary music inspired by the desert, small mammals, and the forest. I'm the lead caterwaller.  We wear a fetish-inspired uniform designer clothing and at key points in the show, we all strip down to various states of undress and reveal vintage undergarments, and Yoko Ono occasionally sits in as a guest.


4. What is your favorite lyric of all time? Why?
My answer to this is it would have to be almost ANY Cole Porter lyric. How can you go wrong there?


5. What band/artist could you never live without? Why?
The Beatles. I love listening to them and their music to me is like breathing. I could  possibly live without them but why would you want to?

3 comments:

CWMartin said...

1- A song by the trock (Time-lord rock, a Doctor Who thing) band from Chicago, Time Crash, called I Don't Want To Go.

2- Subtract opera and rap, include about anything else.

3- I'd name my band after the flyspeck-on-the-map I grew up in, Besancon.

4- "You, you have your own special way/ of turning the world till it's facing the way that I'm going, don't ever/ don't ever stop..." Your own special way, Genesis

5- ELO. Because.

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Sorry about "arriving late" here...

1--Favorite song right NOW?
Can't think of one...got so many trying to play in my mind at the SAME TIME. I shy away from commercial rip off songs. Does Beethoven count?

2--Depends on my mood & how MUCH "cheering up" I require.
Have to roll with classical, some classic ROCK, Big Bands, and definitely some SOUNDTRACK scores. ANY of those will do the trick. Oh, and maybe a military march now and then.

3--I was once with a rock gospel group (1970s) and we were called The Unchanging Truth.
What I would call "my" band now?
Haven't a single clue.

4--Again, that's a hard one...Neil Diamond wrote some great stuff, as did Don McLean, but you have to figure in the Beatles & Bee Gees, too.

5--Wow, you found some HARD questions (for me, anyway).
Beatles - agreed.
Believe it or not...ENYA
(she's better than most people know)
William Tell Overture or the 1912 Overture
And toss in some Jerry Goldsmith or John Williams orchestral stuff. I can still hum or whistle along...lol.

Excellent picks this week.

Stay safe down there, dear.


Bob G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.