Monday, June 1, 2015

My really really bad day


 So I wake up at around 3 am today .. wow can't breathe... wonder why.. then it dawns on my .. machine is not working NO O2 coming out.. grab the tank I keep for emergencies .. turn it on and catch my breath.. finally start down stairs.. holding heavy tank and the 50 ft cord from the machine... down about 4 steps .. stooopid safety on my stair lift stops me. cuss.. get up reset safety.. continue down.. all this time the machine is alarming .. loudly.. very loudly.. my ears are still ringing. turn it off.. wait.. turn it on .. success it works for about a quick minute and the boom off and alarming again.. checked cord for kinks. there are none... reset and try again.. same result. .. still not satisfied I try one more time.. same result .( You know what they call a person who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result?}. runs for a few and then alarms. around 3:30 AfreckinM I call emergency number for Lxxcxxx.. after pushing 1 for English.. yes .. 1 for English.. and a couple other number to get to a live person,  a very nice lady in Florida takes my info and puts me on hold.

Soon C**y comes on the phone.. Says do you have plenty of canisters? I answer that I do he whines well it will be around 7 before I can get there as I would have to go to the shop etc.. blah blah blah.. Use your canisters and I will see you first thing in the morning.. I ask what time is that .. he replies 9 or 10 am.. I must have gotten on the $hit list some how.. I am stressed to almost my limit and that of course makes breathing harder.. but not an emergency ....this hard to believe.... I am not happy to say the least.
It is now almost 7 am.. and I am making a list of things to do today..
1. Find new oxygen supplier
2. Find out what constitutes an emergency
3. Nap

4 comments:

CWMartin said...

I have little nice to say about L**C***, for reasons I care not to go into. Hope you feel better, good luck with the new supplier.

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Certainly NOT the best way to wake up...
And to get the "runaround" (imho) from those "POST push 1 for English" call-takers really pisses me off.
This is AMERICA...ENGLISH should be SOP...ALL THE DAMN TIME...EVERYWHERE.

I know I'm often taken aback by "what constitutes an emergency" around here...then again, it REALLY surprises me whenever I call FWPD dispatch and play another 20+ question round of "ASK ME ANOTHER".

Things like making a phone call were better in the past...much better (and EASIER).

I hope you're doing better and that you CAN find a GOOD (and more reliable) O2 supplier.

You take it easy and stay safe down there, dear.

ms nk rey said...

On Saturday May 16, 2015. The very same thing happened. The man came N***y.. as soon as he got in the door he asked to use my bathroom.. ewwww.. but I said ok.. he was not happy to be on call on the weekend.. and showed it by his surly manner.. he was a rude and condescending (a real a$$hole)traded my machine out and left. later I went into my bathroom and there was a gift waiting for me.. the toilet was plugged up. I could go on and on but won't.. Tired of their bad service. BTW every month they bill Medicare almost 500 dollars for this service..

Bob G. said...

MsN:
I used to service appliances (several lifetimes ago) and I NEVER used the homeowner's "facilities" (I knew guys that did...yes, nasty).
There were other times (at other jobs) I was ON CALL over the weekend.
I might have been royally PO'ed to have to go our (to service Circuit city STORES), but I was never rude when I arrived on site...that's just good business ETHICS.
Also, when servicing ANYONE with disabilities or handicaps...well, to act in a way OTHER than professional is beyond reproach (to me).

And for you to have your Medicare billed FIVE "Franklins" is highway robbery.
(thanks, Obummer)

I would definitely SHOP AROUND...you must be able to do MUCH better (and with a lot less hassle).

Hope things turn out better soon for you, dear.
Be well and stay safe down there.