Friday, April 3, 2015

Mojo


So, there have been some changes since the last time I was here, and I couldn't even imagine what new and exciting things I would find.  Wait...is that sarcasm that I detect?

I thought about starting a whole new blog; start new, and go a whole different direction.  Since I couldn't seem to get myself motivated to come here and post, I thought maybe that was the answer.  I still read blogs and sometimes I'm a little envious, what with having lost my blogging mojo and all.  But then it didn't take long until I remembered that...it is what it is, always. 

Any blog of mine, whether it be this one or a new one, still would not be like most of the others I read.  I never have, nor will I ever, posted photographic evidence of every move I make.  See, there's a sign of a generational difference right there..."we" worked really hard to make sure that there was NOT photographic evidence of our comings and goings and doings.  It just wasn't done.

No matter how hard I try, any blog of mine would not every portray me as being effortlessly perfect, with the occasional "my life is not perfect" post thrown in so as to "keep it real."  I'm a by-the-seat-of-my-pants blogger, with no well-thought-out posts, sponsors, giveaways, link-ups, or any other things that not-so-subtly hint at aspirations of best blog notoriety. I just write the way I write...words,  because for me that's all there is.  Not that there's anything wrong with all of the rest...I love reading those blogs, and I have admiration for them in that tongue-in-cheek sort of way.  As in, it's just the difference in age groups, and also a sign of how the times have changed since I was that age.  And can I just say right now that I sure am happy I was that age in a different era?  I'm not sure, but it sure seems like there is a lot of pressure to be perfect.  Thankfully, we didn't have that kind of pressure when I was that age, or if we did I completely missed it.

So, the gist is this.  I'm not going to think anymore about which direction this blog should take...to the point where all I do is think about it, versus actually writing a blog post!  It's going to be what it's always been...my place just for me, to write what I want and what is on my mind. 
I will always only be able to be exactly who and what I am...

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

And that's the way it should be. A blog can be many things to many people, I have found. Some use it for their special interests, their writing careers, their personal therapy. Some use it as a rant box, a photograph album, a memoir. I keep my empty pens and dirty underwear in mine.

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Sounds like you have a plan...and it's a damn GOOD one.

As to what Chris said...I do pretty much all of what he mentioned...depends on the mood I find myself.
I will continue to point out the (many) shortcomings of this part of Fort Wayne, as well as what goes on whenever Murphy drops by our place and practices his "laws"...lol.
---("Dirty underwear"?)
There is a sainthood in this for Laurie...!

BTW, THIS blog has MORE followers than I do (in less time), and Chris's has shot SO far past me over the years.
Good for the BOTH of you!

I cherish ALL of you that take time to see what's on my (aging) mind on any given day.

Rest assured ANY blog YOU have can ALWAYS count me in as a follower.

Have a great Easter and do stay safe down there.