Monday, April 6, 2015

**BLOGGING??? JOURNALING??? ...WHATEVER**

 
I was reading another blog today. She had read yet another blog, wherein the blogger stated that the most important things about her blog was number of page views and amount of money made; furthermore, if there were people who did not see it that way, they were not really blogging but, rather, just journaling. The way I feel about it is this...as far as mine goes...call it blogging, call it journaling, call it crap. Whatever. It doesn't make any difference to me, as long as I get to do it.

I've been writing in some form or another, and usually several, since I could write. Although it would be really cool, on the one hand, to make money from writing; on the other hand, I don't  ever want writing to be a job. The "real bloggers," the ones who have hundreds upon hundreds of followers and who make money on ads; their blogs are not the same as mine. I don't really know what it is they have to do to make money on their blogs and I will never find out.  I just like having the outlet. 
Lately I've had one of those periods where lots of things that started a long time ago came to a head for me, and I had to dig deep and deal. As I have always said, I can put up with a lot, but then something will happen or something will be said that is the straw that breaks this camel's back.
This is what happens. Lots of times when I get mad at somebody that I care about, what really happens is that my feelings are hurt, and that can be fairly easy to fix, depending on the other person. On my part, though, it's easy to fix. Just don't be a jerk when I don't deserve it, that's all. But, then, if it's the same $hit over and over again, but maybe sometimes worse, I'm gonna get to the point where I don't care about and/or like the other person anymore.
As it is, I'm a little unclear how it is anyone can actually like another person but treat them crappy. I don't get it. And eventually, I don't like it...or the person who does it. Joking around is one thing; what I'm talking about it totally different. As a last ditch effort, I even tried to be an a$$hole right back...but I just can't feel good about that, and why would I want to be around a person, even marginally, that I have to treat with sarcastic a$$holeness. Again, don't get it. Not gonna do it. It's a horrible waste of time, even if it's a small amount of time. So, that is all done and finished, and I guess, while I will not go so far as to say it makes me happy, I will say I am at peace about it. I don't like it when I end up not liking people that at one time I thought were worth it, but the only thing worse is spending more time on it after it's been so clear to me what needs to happen time and time again. This time is different, and it is as it should be.


I'm still just so thankful that, each and every day, I have so many blessings; things, people, situations. You name it, I always have stuff that makes me laugh; that, to me, is priceless.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
You can make MONEY doing this????

If that were the case, I'd probably owe THEM by now...LOL.
I feel a lot the same way YOU do...it's what I WANT to do, and as far as what to call it?
Whatever...makes no nevermind to me.
I wouldn't want to have life subsist on writing, either.
If you HAVE to, or feel forced to do something (anything), you can often lose whatever PASSION that drove you to do whatever it was in the first place...that's called a JOB...!
(careers are a wee bit different)

And yes, we can find ourselves doing something contrary to our makeup, and while it doesn't always give us the "warm & fuzzys", it does provide CONTENTMENT.
I also like to sleep most nights.

Yep, always take note of all the small things around...add 'em all up and that becomes one pretty decent "big" thing.

Excellent post.

Stay safe down there, dear.

CWMartin said...

There's a word for that other blogger: MERCENARY.