Thursday, July 30, 2015
2. What aspect of your physical appearance do you think makes you stick out from the crowd? - Nothing. (I'm not saying this in a self-depreciating way. I just blend in, is all. I like it that way. I hate excessive attention.)
3. What do you always have with you while out in public? (for example, earrings, purse, wallet, watch, etc.) - My messenger bag.
4. Is there anything about your body that you think isn't normal? - No.
5. What are you complimented on (looks, smarts, anything) the most? Why do you think that's the case? - (a) My intelligence. (b) My relative sanity. I think that's the case because they're qualities that a lot of people lack. I'm not saying I'm the only smart, sane person, of course. Far from it. Comments like that are worth so, so, so much more than compliments on looks to me.
Thursday, July 23, 2015
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Stay inside in the air conditioning.
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Pull on a sweater, brew a cup of tea, turn on the Edenpure heater and watch a movie.
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? I love summer but my breathing loves winter and cooler weather more
5. Any major summer plans this year? Yep. Mostly family related stuff, but it's with the fun family members so it's all good.
Sunday, July 19, 2015
Dear Caitlin Jenner......being a female, I have never felt brave or courageous or under pressure to pick out my shoes or dress. Courage as a female, is facing your days with a bald head and battle scars from cancer. Courage as a female is carrying a child for 9 mos that you weren't planning on having. Courage as a female is being Mom & Dad to a child while putting food on the table because you are all that child has. Courage as a female is busting your butt to make it in a man's world. Courage as a female is to learn to walk out after you have been beaten by someone who "loves" you. We don't play dress up to feel brave, we are brave in our raw, authentic selves. You will find the most brave women in this world do not dress in the finest fashions adorned by jewels and make-up. They carry crowns of grey hair, wrinkles, tired bodies and weathered hands. Learn the difference. Sincerely, a real woman.
Monday, July 13, 2015
I love the Duggar’s. I commend the Duggar’s on how they raise their children. How strong their love is. How close their family is. How they help less fortunate. How they stay true to their faith. How they focus on the positive & not the negative. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are not responsible for what their son did. Josh is his own person and 12 years ago, Josh made his own decisions. I do not fault Jim Bob and Michelle whatsoever. What I personally am interested in is how they handled the unfortunate incidents. This is really just so awful. I thought I would just share some thoughts. This is my opinion only.
First, while all of this has been going on, I have never, ever, ever seen one person say "I defend Josh Duggar". I read tabloids, gossip sites, online articles, Facebook posts, etc. etc. No one defends Josh Duggar. Who in the world could? Who in the world would? There's NO justifying what Josh Duggar did. Anyone, in their right mind, knows that. I'm so tired of people saying "if you don't condemn him, then you're defending him!" Nope. Not at all. The acts Josh Duggar committed is disgusting. Violating others will never, ever be ok.
And then there are the lies. The twisting. My God. I know what Josh did. We all know what Josh did. It was 12 years ago. Does that make it right? Of course not. It will never be right. It will never be ok. It will never be acceptable. But really, what do people want? Do they want him to go back to treatment now? Do they want him to go to jail now? Do they want him to lose his family and children? Do they want the death penalty? People are out for blood! Which I totally get, had this inexcusable behavior continued. But it didn't, which even every single victim stated in the police report. When the Duggar’s realized they needed outside help, when the changes they had implemented failed, they removed him from the home immediately. They got him treatment. But oh, wait! That's not good enough, because it's not the exact, type of treatment 'everyone else' would have chose. Let's focus on the type of treatment and that people didn't approve, instead of focusing on the fact the treatment WORKED! Isn't that all that matters? The treatment was a success! Josh also got counseling, by a licensed professional, as did the girls. They all received professional counseling.
And the "they hid this information! They covered it up!" Really? They told people. They sought help. They contacted the church. And if there's one thing I know, if one has something to hide, something to cover up, DON'T TELL THE CHURCH! Is Josh supposed to go up to people now and say "Hey man, how are you! I molested 5 young girls twelve years ago! So nice to meet you!" Or, Jim Bob? "It was so nice to get to know you. Thanks for helping me out today. Oh, by the way, my oldest son molested 5 young girls 12 years ago." What do people want from this family? Action isn't/wasn't good enough, change isn't/wasn't good enough, apologies aren't/weren't good enough, Josh resigned from his job, the show is temporarily off the TLC - what? Lives utterly and completely destroyed forever?? No compassion, no letting them live life again, no thanking God he changed? And if you watched the interview, Ms. Kelly pointed out that statistics prove people who commit crimes such as this when they are younger - 90% never, ever do it again. (I can't remember the exact percentage, but it close to that.)
You know what else I really am having a hard time digesting? The language, the verbal accusations, the hate, the tone - all of it - I read from other 'adults'. I'll be honest, it's shocking. And it makes me sick. Everyone is not going to agree on a subject such as this. Disagreeing is ok. God made individuals, not duplicates. But the choice of words, the choice of assumptions, the choice of accusation (there WAS NO RAPE! There was not even skin to skin contact!!) and the downright disgusting language is actually making me click off of articles and stop reading. It's filth. There's no reason to resort to that. It just makes a volatile situation that much worse. And it lets me know that there are soooooooo many 'adults' out there who in actuality, aren't adults at all, and don't know how to conduct themselves accordingly. We live in such a sad society.
I feel so sorry for this family. All of them. Experiencing this type of nightmare hell has to be completely unbearable the first time. Talk about having your lives turned upside down. But to have all of this resurface, in a public, brutal, vicious way, with a lot of the information falsified, is heartbreaking. Frustrating, maddening, but mostly, heartbreaking. When does it end? Where does it end? Will it end?
This is what I know. Nothing will ever make what Josh Duggar did right. There is no making it right. There's just not. There is treatment(s), changing, growing, forgiveness, God & time. And praise God for all of those.
I support the Duggar’s. I've never met the Duggar’s . I hope their show continues because they bring hope and inspiration to so many who are lost. And now, after this turn of events, they might even reach more people who are hurt, confused and lost, due an incident(s) similar to what transpired in the Duggar’s lives all those years ago.
We must recognize the fact that good people do bad things. I agree with that wholeheartedly. We must understand people can be truly sorry after doing wrong. We must acknowledge when people change and prove that fact year after year. We must love. We must support. We must help. We must take a stand when we believe others are wronged. We must live, because life is short. But most of all? We must have compassion.
Blessings to you all.
Thursday, July 9, 2015
Italian food, cause I love it so.
2. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
Italian restaurants. But I rarely go to restaurants so I haven't got a specific favorite.
3. What is your favorite fast food place?
Bummies of course.
4. If you had to choose only one type of food to eat for a year, what would it be?
Spaghetti in all the different forms.
5. What is your favorite cereal?
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Children Writing About the Ocean.
1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles.(Kelly, age 6 )
2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)
3) - If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't
have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. (Mike, age 7)
4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily
Richardson . She's not my friend any more. (Kylie, age 6)
5) - A dolphin breaths through an asshole on the top of its head.
(Billy, age 8)
6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and
pots and comes back with crabs. (Millie, age 6)
7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross
the ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle
to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been
better off eating beans. (William, age 7)
8) - Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful
and I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant?
Like, really? (Helen, age 6)
9) - I'm not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is
always crying, my Dad keeps yelling at my Mom, and my big sister has
just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy, age 6)
10) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels
can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think
they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher, age 7)
11) - When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it
makes my willy small. ( Kevin , age 6)
12) - Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't
go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. ( Becky , age 8)
13) - On vacation my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she
was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired
right up her big fat ass. (Julie, age 7)
14) - The ocean is made up of water and fish. Why the fish don't
drown I don't know. (Bobby, age 6)
15) - My dad was a sailor on the ocean. He knows all about the
ocean. What he doesn't know is why he quit being a sailor and married my
mom. (James, age 7)
copied from an email.